Friday, October 24, 2008

The Secret! A-ha!

Funniest thing I've seen all month:



'You should visualize them back!"


A friend of mine read The Secret last February and gushed on and on about it. She said that now that she has The Secret, she KNEW that she should quit her company and try to get into law school (she hated her job).

A month later I heard from her again. She had a back injury that put her in a number of hospitals (including a famous acupuncture 'hospital', but we'll save that trip down quackery lane for a future post) and is still a big problem for her now. She was in too much pain to study for law school, so she gave up on it. She'll have to resign from her company if she isn't able to get back to work soon (about a year is all they will give her off from work). She started going back to work a week ago even though she is still in a lot of pain.

So clearly The Secret has worked out pretty well for her.

My theory is that the acupuncturists at the hospital she ended up going to were also reading The Secret, and visualized thousands of suckers suddenly having back problems and coming to their clinic for months and months of expensive therapy. Their visualization Kung Fu simply overrode that of my friend.




Something like that also might explain why Song Hye Kyo still hasn't slept with me, despite the fact that I've visualized such for several weeks now.


Perhaps too many other Secret readers have made this same "demand on the universe," and I just need to wait my turn patiently.

Oh, but she WILL be mine...



Second funniest thing I've seen all month:



"Gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench!"

Great vocals. I would love to see this same thing done with some cheesy heavy metal videos from the 80s.

3 comments:

Jelly said...

LMFAOROTFMOLOMG
I'm starting small: asking for a nap and believing I'm going to get one. I think I'm just about to receive it. Ahhhhhhhh.

Sean said...

I've been believing that I should become independantly wealthy for some time now, but the universe just doens't like me.

Unknown said...

I've looked around your blog and enjoyed your wonderful writings.
I'm running a website related with Korea and English.
There we have a section named 'English Bloggers'.
This section introduces bloggers' articles with their blogs URLs.
You can post one of your favorite essays with your blog name and URL, by yourself, or by asking me.
I bet it'll help your blog to be visited by more readers who want to enjoy reading wonderful writings, if you want.
If you have interest, please visit www.KoreanESL.com or email me.
No registration required.


Thanks!

Rick Park(info@koreanesl.com)